In the News
BAG MAKERS Honored with Prestigious Industry Awards
Jan. 23, 2017
The company received the following honors at the PPAI Awards Presentation and Reception held Jan. 9, 2017, in conjunction with The PPAI Expo in Las Vegas:
- PPAI 2017 Supplier Star Award of Merit for excellent communication, service, and quality products/decoration.
- PPAI 2017 Silver Supplier Achievement Award (Special Effects/Multi-Media Decoration on Textiles for BAG MAKERS’ SPARKLE Hot-Press Decoration Process)
- PPAI 2017 Bronze Technology Award (Video Content from a Supplier for BAG MAKERS’ Screen Printing Imprint Process Video)
In addition, BAG MAKERS received ASI’s Counselor Distributor Choice Award (Shopping Bags) for the 15th consecutive year. The award was announced at the Counselor Distributor Choice Awards Ceremony in Orlando on Jan. 19, 2017.
"Every day, we work hard to provide the very best products, imprinting and service to our customers," said Maribeth Sandford, BAG MAKERS’ Chief Executive Officer. "These awards are meaningful to us because they recognize our employee’s dedication and commitment. We’re very honored by each of these awards."more...
BAG MAKERS Introduces New Products, Colors and Imprint Capabilities for 2017
Jan. 3, 2017
BAG MAKERS' product line now includes:
- New Matte-Laminated Totes. The Dunes™ (16W x 6 x 12H) and the Urban™ (13W x 5 x 13H) are made from a natural-color 105 combined GSM laminated material that provides a subtle canvas-like appearance. The totes are an ideal solution for customers desiring the look of cotton, but offering a smaller carbon footprint, a managed source for product safety and compliance, and an affordable price. Both totes feature a large non-woven polypropylene front pocket and optional plastic bottom insert. The Dunes has 28” handles; the Urban has 18” handles.
- New Gloss-Laminated Tote Size. The Debonaire™ (13W x 5 x 13H) is the newest addition to the company’s gloss-laminated tote line. The 105 combined GSM tote features a black tone-on-tone reptile design, a large non-woven polypropylene front pocket, 18” handles and optional plastic bottom insert.
In response to customer interest, BAG MAKERS added new color options for the following products:
- Teal: Therm-O-Tote™, Therm-O-Super Snack™, Therm-O-Snack™, Ike™, Abe™, Ben™, Franklin™, George™, T-PAC™, Josie™, Frosted Brite Die-Cuts, Frosted Brite Shoppers, Fold Over Die Cut Handle Bags (five sizes from 7W x 10.5H up to 15W x 19H x 3)
- Pink: Therm-O-Tote and Therm-O-Super Snack
- Grape: Therm-O-Super Snack, Therm-O-Snack and Fold Over Die Cut Handle Bags (five sizes from 7W x 10.5H up to 15W x 19H x 3)
The company also added new imprinting capabilities for 2017:
- Sparkle Decoration. New matte, gloss and holographic colors are available.
- Hot Stamp. A new Matte Teal foil color is now available for Hot Stamp imprints. In addition, Hot Stamp imprinting is available on the Jumbo and Chuckwagon Specialty Bags.
- More Imprint Options for Bows and Ribbons. BAG MAKERS now offers Sparkle Decoration imprinting on certain ribbon and bow sizes. The company also now offers off-edge foil imprinting on its Badge Satin and Bridal Satin ribbon.
BAG MAKERS Hires Jane Ryan as Regional Business Development Manager
Nov. 14, 2016
Jane is a 40-year veteran of the promotional products industry, whose career has included customer service, inside sales and outside sales. Most recently, she served as the Southeast Regional Sales Manager for Connecticut-based Prime Resources. Prior to that, Jane served as the Southeast Regional Sales Manager for South Carolina-based Jetline.
"Jane is an accomplished sales professional, and we look forward to adding her skills and insights to our talented team," said Maribeth Sandford, Chief Executive Officer of BAG MAKERS.
Jane is actively involved with regional industry association CAAMP and has served on the organization’s Membership Committee for the past five years. She was named the CAAMP Rep of the Year in 2015 and 2014. She also was named the Supplier Global Resources (SGR) Supplier Sales Rep of the Year in 2015. Jane earned Jetline’s Most Sales Calls Booked honor in 2015, as well as the Jetline Sales Rep of the Year in 2014.more...
BAG MAKERS Hires Nancy Bercovitz as Regional Business Development Manager
Oct. 17, 2016
Bercovitz brings three decades of experience in the promotional products industry, successfully introducing supplier products and services to promotional products salespeople, as well as growing relationships with distributor accounts and developing new business opportunities. Most recently, she was the New England/New York Senior Sales Manager for Jules Scheck Associates. Bercovitz has also held positions with Multiline Marketing Group, Cornell Concepts and Superb Case.
"We are thrilled to add Nancy’s considerable expertise to our talented sales team," said Maribeth Sandford, Chief Executive Officer of BAG MAKERS. "Nancy is highly regarded in the industry and will be a valuable asset in helping tell our story and share our products with customers."
Nancy’s industry accomplishments include being named the Visions/Awardcraft Multiline Rep of the Year in 2013, the NEPPA Multiline Rep of the Year in 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2014, and the Pioneer Balloon Rep of the Year in 2006, 2007 and 2009. Bercovitz is active in industry organizations and has served as NEPPA’s Board Treasurer, Vice President, President and Immediate Past President.more...
D’Anna Zimmer Appointed RAC Delegate to the PPAI Board
Sept 29, 2016
Zimmer is actively involved in the promotional products industry, including the Promotional Products Association Southwest (PPAS) organization. She has served on the PPAS Executive Team and as a PPAS RAC Delegate. Zimmer also has represented the promotional products industry to Congress in Washington, D.C., on Legislative Education and Action Day (LEAD). She has served on PPAI committees to select Volunteer of the Year and Donna Hall Memorial Scholarship award winners. She has also been a member of the Nominating Committee for the RAC Board of Officers.
"We are so proud of D’Anna for her significant contributions to both our company and our industry," said Maribeth Sandford, Chief Executive Officer of BAG MAKERS. "D’Anna is a strong champion for the promotional products industry, and she will represent the industry’s needs well in this PPAI Board position."
Zimmer has worked for BAG MAKERS for nearly four years and serves the company’s customers in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana.
"I’m honored to be a RAC Delegate and to speak up on behalf of our regional associations and their members," Zimmer said. "I’m looking forward to continuing to learn more about this $20 billion industry and to help educate industry members and those who use our goods and services. I’m proud to be a part of the PPAI Board, which plays an important role in moving our industry in a positive direction."more...
BAG MAKERS Named Counselor 2016 TOP 40 Supplier
July 14, 2016
Counselor’s Top 40 Supplier rankings identify the largest companies in the industry based upon annual reported revenue.
“We’re thrilled to again be named a Counselor Top 40 supplier, as it demonstrates continued support and commitment from our customers for our quality products, imprints and customer service,” said Maribeth Sandford, Chief Executive Officer of BAG MAKERS. “This industry designation is an important accomplishment, and dovetails with our company milestone of exceeding $50 million in sales for the first time ever. We look forward to continuing to introduce innovative new products and imprint processes to continue our growth in the years ahead.”more...
BAG MAKERS Receives 2016 Omnisource Marketing Award
May 4, 2016
OmniSource Marketing serves several niche markets, including Fortune 500 food and beverage companies.
"We have been so pleased to continue to grow and strengthen our partnership with OmniSource Marketing over the past few years,"" said Maribeth Sandford, BAG MAKERS’ Chief Executive Officer. "This award is a testament to our excellent sales team and staff that work hard to exceed customer expectations every day."more...
BAG MAKERS Wins 2016 VAPPA Pinnacle Award
March 9, 2016
Award winners were announced at the annual Pinnacle Award Ceremony and Member Appreciation Event on March 8 in Richmond, Va. This annual event acknowledges regional industry leaders and highlights nominees and award recipients selected by member ballot.
"We’re honored to receive this VAPPA Pinnacle Award, particularly as it is voted on by VAPPA members," said Maribeth Sandford, BAG MAKERS’ Chief Executive Officer. "Virginia is home to more than 660 promotional products companies, and we are thrilled by the tremendous support we’ve received from this important region."more...
BAG MAKERS Kicks Off 2016 with Prestigious Industry Award Wins
February 17, 2016
The company received the following industry accolades at the PPAI Awards Presentation and Reception held in conjunction with The PPAI Expo in Las Vegas:
- PPAI Supplier Star Award
- PPAI Gold Supplier Achievement Award (Most Creative Product, in Collaboration with the Prestigious Mark)
- PPAI Gold Image Award (Printed Supplier Catalog – 76 to 150 pages)
- PPAI Silver Supplier Achievement Award (Combination of Processes)
In addition, BAG MAKERS received the following ASI awards:
- Counselor Distributor Choice Award (Shopping Bags)
- ASI Show Product Showcase Winner (Most Fashion Forward 2016 for Sparkle Hot-Press Decoration)
"We value these awards because they recognize our dedicated team for providing innovative and safe products, producing quality imprints and providing exceptional service," said Maribeth Sandford, BAG MAKERS’ Chief Executive Officer. "We’re humbled and honored to know that we have exceeded our customers’ expectations, and we appreciate their continued vote of confidence."more...
BAG MAKERS Introduces New Imprint Process and Products for 2016
Jan. 4, 2016
BAG MAKERS' newest imprint processSparkle Decorationfeatures glossy reflective dots that make the artwork on bags shine. Sparkle Decoration is available on the company’s non-woven and polyester bags, and the holographic or metallic dots are available in more than 20 eye-catching colors.
"We’re very excited to add a new and distinctive imprint process for customers this year," said Maribeth Sandford, BAG MAKERS' Chief Executive Officer. "Sparkle is a great choice for customers looking for a unique, eye-catching bag. It adds some pizzazz to special events or projects where customers want to add some prestige to their brand."
In addition to the new imprint process, BAG MAKERS is expanding its product line to include:
- Two new Mesh Panel Tote sizes. The Plaza (8W x 4 x 10H) and the Crowne (13W x 5 x 13H) are smaller-sized additions to the company’s popular Mesh Panel Tote collection. Both bags offer a Velcro-style closure and a combination of 80 GSM premium non-woven polypropylene and mesh material for maximum breathability. Imprints can be printed directly on the front and back mesh sides, as well as the gusset.
- Teal Blue Thunder Totes. The company’s Big Thunder® and Little Thunder® Tote Bags are now available in Teal Blue.
About BAG MAKERS
BAG MAKERS, Inc. is a Counselor Top 40 supplier of non-woven, paper and plastic bags to the promotional products industry. Established in 1980, BAG MAKERS offers a collection of more than 100 products to the corporate marketplace, as well as complete custom product design services. BAG MAKERS is a Women’s Business Enterprise and is an Accredited Supplier through the Quality Certification Alliance (QCA).